Hello there!! i have a very exciting(and yummy) beauty DIY for you today... which I haven't done in a while!! It is a raspberry lip scrub that is absolutely delicious smelling and tasting. And the bonus is... you can make it from things you have in your kitchen!! And it only takes a couple of minutes to achieve luscious lips. I used frozen raspberries that I had in my freezer then I thawed them. You can use any berry or even just vanilla (or some other kind of) essence. Here's how you make it!
you will need: a little jar or empty lip balm pot // a few drops of vanilla essence (maybe half a teaspoon) // one teaspoon of melted coconut oil (if you don't have this super duper oil then first I would suggest you get some - you can get it in most supermarkets and second you can substitute it for olive oil) // two teaspoons raw sugar (coarser than brown sugar) // 2 teaspoons white sugar // 2-3 raspberries.
1 // first, measure all sugars into the pot and mix together with the end of a spoon or a skewer.
2 // Add the melted coconut oil and the vanilla essence, then stir well again.
3 // Mash the raspberries with the back of a small spoon.
4 // Mix in the mashed raspberries. I left the little seeds/pips in for an extra natural exfoliant.
5 // Package to your hearts desire! I traced the lid onto white paper, cut it 2mm inside the line then did a little label for it. I glued it on to the lid. Wha la!!
How to use your lip scrub:
- take a pea sized amount on your finger.
- put it on your lips and scrub in a circular motion with one finger.
- lick all the good stuff off (it tastes so good!)
- apply your favourite moisturising lip balm.
- keep in in the fridge and use within one to two weeks max.
- The exfoliating sugar will remove the dry and cracked look of your lips.
- the coconut oil will HUGELY benefit your skin - moisturising, plumping, healing etc... it works miracles!
- the raspberries will give your lips a pinkish tint if you leave it on long enough.
I hope you enjoy your fabulous lips and enjoy eating your miracle scrub (I definitely did).